🏉 IRELAND’S CAAAA…..
🏉 Centre, Backrow & Halfback options
🏉 Italy’s improvement
THIS WEEK’S GUESTS
PLUS A SPECIAL REPORT FROM RICH MIFSUD
FULL TIME TAKES
Imelda Reidy Great Italian performance. Job done. 5 points. On we roll.
Andrew Byrne Today showed one thing in particular, that Gary Ringrose is a world class operator and is streets ahead of the rest of them at playing outside centre. 12 and 13 are two very different positions, as shown by our defensive lapses today.
Alan Murphy Brilliant. Two teams playing the game in a positive way. Italy have really improved. Let’s be honest, some of our team today were 2-3rd choice and a few played out of position. We scored a bonus point, left some tries out there and also managed to think our way out of danger today. Previously we would have lost this game. Building strength in depth. So positive from me.
Joanne In fairness to Kieran Crowley, not only has he got Italy playing brilliantly, he’s got them believing too. So good to see and long may it continue.
Koochulainn Another win with a bonus point without conceding a losing bonus.
The performance wasn’t perfect, and Italy found some flaws in the defensive system, but you can’t get any more than five points.
Italy were great value for money too. After today and the 20s last night Italian rugby is heading in a good direction.
POTM Mack Hansen dropping an F bomb in the post match interview was a lovely coda
Colm Splendid match. Continued resurgence and improvement from Italy, and as usual this year, Ireland responded magnificently to pressure. Really looking forward to Murrayfield next month.
FRONT FIVE ARTICLES
- Former Ireland international Tom Tierney, who coached Irish women’s team, dies aged 46 – Independent.ie [Ruairidh O’Connor]
- Ireland U20s withstand second-half surge to keep back-to-back Grand Slam ambitions alive (the42.ie) [Daire Walsh]
- Ulster stun Sharks with sensational victory in Durban | BelfastTelegraph.co.uk [Jonathan Bradley]
- Borthwick praises England’s tactical nous in ‘incredible Test match’ – england | Rugby365 [via AFP]
- Scotland suffer first Six Nations defeat in France despite valiant effort after early red cards | The Scotsman [Graham Bean]
6N RD 3 & URC ROUND 6 WRAP
ITA 20-34 IRE
WAL 10-20 ENG
FRA 32-21 SCO
ITA V WAL
ENG V FRA
SCO V IRE
SHA 24-31 ULS
LIO 35-24 GLA
GLA V ZEB
MUN V SCA
STO V SHA
BUL V LIO
EDI V LEI
OSP V BEN
DRA V CON
CAR V ULS
HARPIN’ MATCH WRAPS
ARE BROUGHT TO YOU BY
THE IRISH RUGBY STORE